The Master of Science in Applied Data Science at University of San Diego
(USD MS-ADS) program is a 20-month professional master’s program in Data Science, designed in collaboration with key industry stakeholders to offer
cutting-edge curriculum taught by active industry experts. The program was launched in September 2020 and is offered online through USD’s Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering.
USD MS-ADS program’s mission is to equip graduates with the technical strategies and skills they will use to apply powerful and modern analytical
tools to real-world applications. The program involves 36 units,
culminates in a Capstone experience that pairs them with fellow students, instructors and potential industry partners on an in-depth project that hones their
ability to apply their skills in the workplace.
Is the Applied Data Science Master's Degree Right For You?
This program is ideally suited to those with a background in science, mathematics, engineering or technology,
but is also structured to train those from other backgrounds who are motivated to transition into data science.
Potential candidates for the University of San Diego’s online master’s degree in applied data science include:
- Bachelor-prepared science, mathematics, engineering, information technology or computer science graduates.
- Graduates from other fields who possess technical aptitude in the above fields or others, including STEM, business and more.
- Mid-career data analytics, data engineer, and computer science professionals looking to advance their knowledge and skills.
- Professionals looking to transition into data science from other fields (comprehensive introductory courses build a
strong foundation for those who are less familiar with data science).
Innovative Curriculum Tailored to the Needs of Industries and Employers
Courses at USD MS-ADS are updated regularly to ensure that they are closely aligned with progress and advancement in a field that is still
undergoing rapid development. This includes ongoing consultation with a wide range of public and private sector stakeholders.
The program differentiates itself from the best online data science master’s programs in several unique and important ways:
- Leverages the best of both worlds by combining comprehensive technical knowledge and skills with a deep understanding of how
to apply findings (including hard and soft skills) in real-world applications.
- Focuses on continuous improvement, gaining insight used to enhance curriculum immediacy and relevance through ongoing
consultations with its Advisory Board and with a broad range of data science experts and managers.
- Employs highly skilled faculty instructors, many of whom are applied data science practitioners in key roles at a wide
range of commercial, academic, and government organizations.
To learn more about USD MS-ADS, you may visit some of the following pages: